Monday, September 25, 2006

work ethics


I see him everyday at work. he doesn't talk more than necessary. He's very serious and his job seems to be his life's focus. He smokes too much. I can smell his smoky atmospherical print even without him being there anymore.
He's been business friendly to me when I first met him. He stopped talking to me when he exhausted business matters. He meets me in the hallways, never says Hello, never stops and definately avoids eye contact.
I thought about him. I tried to imagine how he sees me, if he sees me at all.
"You smiled yesterday. You even looked me in the eyes talking to me about some computer that needs new wiring. You explained very patiently what I couldn't understand, then you walked away.
You bumped into me inside the elevator. A lingering second you didn't move, didn't breathe, just looked at me. the elevator moved and you looked away. What were you thinking? Did you want the elevator to stop? You wanted to kiss me, didn't you?
Today was a busy day. everybody was running around trying to get things done. You yelled at some people. I could hear you from my office. You bumped into me again. This time you even stepped on my shoe, which I didn't appreciate, cause these shoes were new. You grabbed my elbows and asked me if I was OK. in a smoky breath. sure I was. NO, I said. You smiled again.
YOu think of me don't you? I bet you want to fuck me. I caught you staring at my breast. YOu'd want to push me against the wall and feel me, cause you've been wondering what I feel like. You maybe even fantasized about me already. Did you come thinking of my lips? my boobs? my ass? did you tell yourself that you can't approach me because of work ethics? you did well. I'm trouble. I could break your heart, if you let me. you're doing the right thing not talking to me, cause I'll take that and turn it into hell. I know it's just a matter of time before you'll do something. Anything. I'll just wait."

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i doesn't agree: it's better to talk of an oxymoron...

1:14 AM  
Blogger silvia said...

what kind of oxymoron?

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

l'ossimoro prevede l'accostamento di due termini contradditori. Se l'etica, la morale e la tua visione non sono contradditori è solo perché noi si crede in una morale tutta nostra. :P

boh, io l'avevo pensato come un complimento, invece sembra più una cosa confusa

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

l'ossimoro prevede l'accostamento di due termini contradditori. Se l'etica, la morale e la tua visione non sono contradditori è solo perché noi si crede in una morale tutta nostra. :P

boh, io l'avevo pensato come un complimento, invece sembra più una cosa confusa

10:07 AM  
Blogger The_Rebel84 said...

La morte dell'amore è l'ossimoro che più preferisco...mica per nulla...è bello dirlo, incappando in una figura retorica italiana che non viene spiegata e dimostrata molto spesso...

;-)

6:24 PM  
Blogger silvia said...

la morte dell'amore mi piace...si...ben tornato

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for awhile, and it is sexy as hell.

I can't wait till your next update ;) !!!!

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a parer mio è meglio tener distanti il lavoro dall' "amore"...
poi il poter scatenare l'immaginazione su ipotetiche prestazioni dei colleghi è una delle cose più divertenti sul posto di lavoro... e a volte è meglio non testare quanto sia vero!
:P

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. COPY AND USE OF THIS MATERIAL WITHOUT AUTHOR'S PERMISSION IS ILLEGAL.