Tuesday, August 29, 2006

love


R looked at me and send a glass of wine to my table. It was Brunello di Montalcino 1993. My favorite. He bowed lightly when I raised the glass.
We talked. He never said anything outrageous. He was composed. he waited for me to finish what I had to say and then he said: "You realize we were supposed to meet?". I laughed.
He was not fascinating. In fact, I have this theory, according to which every magician, when he reveals his secrets, he stops being entertaining. He was just truthfull. he talked about psychosis and C. G. Jung. I like Jung. He told me that secrets weigh us down and there is such a thing as the Unbearable Lightness of Being, as described by Milan Kundera.
Love is not a promise, love is just a partnership.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bentornata!
Passata bene quest'estate? :D

2:52 AM  
Blogger silvia said...

grazie. ho lavorato tanto quest'estate. tante belle cose. tu?

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bene!
Io ho fatto un interrail in scandinavia! Posti incredibili, gente fantastica... insomma... devo trovare un lavoro e una casa, e tradirĂ² la mia milano per l'affascinante stoccolma!!!
Vuoi venire con me?
lol

5:30 AM  
Blogger silvia said...

una mia carissima amica vive a stoccolma. fa un dottorato la.
non tradiro` la mia cara los angeles, ma grazie del invito. a los angeles e` sempre primavera. ciau

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love is not a partnership, love is a curse.

11:52 PM  
Blogger silvia said...

love could be a curse if that's the way you wanna look at it. there are many ways to live the same emotion.
personally, I think that partnership is the closest thing to true love. hormonal and sexual love can become a curse. too much passion combined with too many expectations is dangerous.
humans give love this "eternal" look for soome reason, maybe to excuse the hormonal part. but love is just an illusion, like anything else humans feel.

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. COPY AND USE OF THIS MATERIAL WITHOUT AUTHOR'S PERMISSION IS ILLEGAL.